SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND ENGINEERING:
ADA INNOVATION LAB MANAGER
The School of Information Technologies and Engineering (SITE) at ADA University invites candidates of professional accomplishment to apply for the ADA Innovation Lab Manager position.
ADA Innovation Lab (ADAIL) is a beating heart of innovation at ADA University since 2017. The center guides the university students united around innovative startup ideas towards sustainable entrepreneurship projects.
As the ADAIL Manager, you will design and implement the annual activity plan of the center, as well as work with students and faculty to ensure its sustainable development and growth.
The successful candidate will have a relevant educational and/or professional background, be familiar with the local and global startup/innovation trends. In addition to having strong attention to detail, you must be responsible and demonstrate excellent communication skills. If you thrive in academic environment that require a professional with drive and responsibility, then you could be our ideal candidate.
• Design the annual activity plan for promoting innovation culture among students and faculty, as well as exploring investment and commercialization opportunities.
• Ensure active communication and coordination with all university stakeholders, including schools, student services and ADA University Foundation.
• Agree the annual activity plan with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure effective implementation of the annual activity plan, including major events such as the ADA Innovation Award, training sessions, mentor talks, bootcamps, hackathons, etc.
• Maintain productive relationships within startup/innovation ecosystem in Azerbaijan and abroad.
• Undertake any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Relevant educational or professional background.
• Ability to engage with students and faculty, understand their needs and requirements.
• Ability to influence others without direct authority.
• Experience in managing and delivering projects, organizing and running trainings, making presentations.
• Ability to coordinate multidisciplinary teams and to work with minimal supervision.
• Awareness of the local and global start-up/innovation trends, and desire to self-develop.
• Ability to develop a strong network of contacts within industry and academia.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Azerbaijani.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to [email protected] with copy (CC) to [email protected] specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is 9 March 2020. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az