Indonesian Government is offering Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship Program for international students in 2018-19 academic year. These scholarships are available for one year non-degree programme in selected Indonesian higher institutions.
The main purpose of this program is to increase and foster interest in Bahasa Indonesia and Indonesian culture among citizens from other countries.
The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Brussels was established in 1950, following the recognition of Indonesia’s independence by Belgium in 1949. The first Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia was Anak Agung Gede Agung, who held the office from 1950 to 1953. The Mission of the Republic of Indonesia to the European Community was officially established on 18 August 1990 with the enactment of Decree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia Number 35 of 1990.
In order to be eligible applicants must be able to communicate in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Application deadline: February 18, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is awarded to study Bahasa Indonesia, Arts, Crafts and particular subject in 54 selected Indonesian Higher Education Institutions in different cities in Indonesia.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is available for one year non-degree programme in selected Indonesian higher institutions.
- Scholarship Award:
- Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of area: Area 1 Rp. 2.950.000,- (Batam, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado), Area 2 Rp. 2.550.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang,Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda)
- Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
- Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students may seek assistance from Host University in finding a house/room to rent which is included in monthly stipend
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Foreign students
- Scholarship can be taken in Indonesia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia can apply for this Darmasiswa scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows
- Preferably Student
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia(Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to communicate in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
Introduction- Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. For students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
How to Apply: Students must submit a complete application package that includes all the following items:
- Curriculum vitae/resume;
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2017);
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English);
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English);
- Language certificate (if applicable);
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable);
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).