European Azerbaijan School Vacancy Announcement Digital Learning Coach and Computer science teacher
Job Title: Digital Learning Coach and IT Integrator (Secondary school)
Supervisor: IT Coordinator and Secondary school Principal
The role of the Digital Learning Coach and IT Integrator is to support all teachers in achieving these high standards with respect to their use of technology to enhance learning.
Coaching is a key method by which EAS will build capacity, improve and develop teachers’ practice in order to improve learning. All teachers are expected to strive for the highest possible standards of teaching and learning in their classrooms and try to maximize the potential of each individual student.
The Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for the role is that teachers in every year group and department are using technology, either for the first time or in a new way, resulting in, for example, but not limited to:
● Work produced by students that they could not otherwise have created;
● Improved attainment, skills and personal development;
● Improvement in home-school communication/relationships and parental engagement;
● Improved assessment or record keeping systems/procedures, used to inform future planning (Teacher Access module, etc.).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
More specifically the Digital Learning Coach and IT Integrator will:
● Assess the needs of secondary students and lead IT Professional Development skills training for individuals and small groups;
● Support the IT Educational Services Coordinator in meeting the KPI’s of EAS as a Centre of Excellence in which digital tools are used to enhance learning;
● Support all Secondary School Teachers and assistants (Grade 5 – 11) in deriving maximum benefits from the MacBooks and other related technology, through inspiring effective and innovative use of hardware and software, as well as advising on hardware, resource and file management/logistics;
● Oversee the implementation of the BYOD program in secondary school;
● Actively seek out, collate and disseminate e-learning resources, with a view to creating a bank of resources for the school across the curriculum;
● Attend meetings with the IT Educational Services Coordinator to review, evaluate and ensure the on-going effectiveness of the coaching role;
● Attend meetings with the IT Educational Services Coordinator and designated Digital Learning Leaders in the EAS Secondary School;
● Attend meetings with the IT Educational Services Coordinator and Secondary Principal on issue of technology use in the secondary, school goals curriculum objectives;
● Actively seek CPD opportunities to keep up to date with current developments;
● Observe all procedures regarding secondary school, hours of work, vacations, absence, dress and other policies;
● Support the goals of the secondary school as needed on an occasional basis under the direction of the secondary principal.
Education Systems Administration
1. ManageBac Administrator
● Manages global school settings, archiving and transition into the new year;
● Manages user accounts;
● Manages offered courses;
● Offers group and individual trainings for teachers and students.
2. Rediker Data Base Administrator
● Point of contact for Rediker data base at the secondary school;
● Has completed Rediker trainings;
● Facilitates teachers working with the Apply on Line program, Parent Portal, log-ons, etc.;
● Assists with transition to the new year;
● Maintains/updates account logins and offers group and individual trainings as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
– A bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is desirable. Specific training in computer science or its use, some desktop support experience preferred;
– An understanding of appropriate uses of technology in the educational setting, particularly as regards mobile technology in a 1:1 learning environment.
– Ability to effectively communicate with faculty regarding technology use in both oral and written form;
– Ability to effectively train faculty in technology use;
– Knowledge of sound teaching strategies;
– Prior successful experience working in a school setting strongly preferred;
– Demonstrated ability to successfully work with children and the public.
– Works well with others from diverse backgrounds;
– Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
– Refrains from negative talk and gossip, is friendly and personable;
– Ability to work rapidly and accurately;
– Ability to exercise good judgement and work in an environment with constant interruptions;
– Is on time, punctual to meetings, knows how to manage a schedule, is organized.
– Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in Azerbaijani and close to fluently in English;
– Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community;
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
– Competency with Windows computers and software, in particular Microsoft Office and Google Apps, an understanding of the Windows operating system, in particular Windows 7 and Windows 8, as well as Mac OS X operating system, in particular 10.6, 10.7 10.8;
– Competency in iOS software and iPad functionality;
– An understanding of TCP/IP networking;
– Current knowledge of available and emerging technologies, especially as regards mobile Computing;
– Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: [email protected]
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by June 30th, 2021.
About European Azerbaijan School
The “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex (EAS) is a private school founded by The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) and started in September 2011. The school offers international programs such as the International Baccalaureate (IB) but also meets all requirements for the Azerbaijani national curriculum. EAS is a member of the European Council of International Schools (ECIS), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Cambridge International Examinations and is currently in the last phase of the accreditation process with the Council of International Schools (CIS).