“EUROPEAN AZERBAIJAN SCHOOL” EDUCATION COMPLEX” LLC (EAS) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR English-speaking primary year homeroom teacher
EAS is seeking a qualified, experienced, motivated and dedicated local Primary Years homeroom teacher, who is committed to developing students to their full potential in a supportive and caring environment. Applicants must have a teaching degree that is recognized by the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan. The position is open for beginning of 2020-2021 academic year.
Requirements are as follow:
– Higher education in Elementary Teaching/Education or equivalent (preferably a master degree);
– Expertise in teaching early literacy skills;
– Previous experience teaching the curriculum of the school would be preferable;
– Knowledge and experience developing primary curriculum or creating PYP units is preferable;
– Comfortable proactively learning new technology and integrating technology into the classroom to increase learning;
– Previous experience working in an International Baccalaureate (IB) school, experience with Constructivist learning pedagogy or Inquiry Based-Primary Years Program (PYP) pedagogy;
– Fluent English speaking and writing skills (B2 level);
– Excellent knowledge of computer office standard applications, such as MS Office, Excel and Power Point;
– Ability to apply interactive teaching and learning methods.
CVs should include the following information:
– Full name
– Date of birth
– All detailed information about education
– All detailed information about work experience
– Names and contact details of 2 professional referees
CVs will be shortlisted based on a candidate’s work experience and meeting the requirements.
Successful candidates will be tested for their subject knowledge and competency and be required to write a pedagogic essay. Candidates who have passed this stage will be asked to present a demonstration lesson to show their abilities in modern teaching/learning methods and technologies.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: [email protected]
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title of the position you are applying for. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by April 19th , 2021.
About the “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC (EAS)
The EAS is a private co-educational school founded in 2011 by the European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS). The school is authorized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan and offers special international programs for which it is fully authorized. These include the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and the IB Diploma Program. The school has grown from the original 95 students in 2011 to current population of over 780 and includes an Early Years Program (ages 4 and 5 years) in addition to its 1-11 grade program. The school is also a member of the Council of International School (CIS) network.