“THE EUROPEAN AZERBAIJAN SCHOOL” EDUCATION COMPLEX” LLC (EAS) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR a History teacher
The “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC (EAS) is a private school authorized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The school is offering international programs for which it is fully authorized. These include the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP) authorized in 2017, Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) implemented in 2015 and the IB Diploma Program (DP) authorized in 2015. We are currently working to be authorized in 2020 with the Middle Years Program (MYP) to become an IB World School.
EAS is seeking experienced, dynamic and motivated local History teacher who has the ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students in a supportive and caring environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, prepare and deliver a high-quality curriculum for grades within the IB framework to suit the individual needs of all students;
• Ensure lessons are differentiated to meet the needs of all students;
• Assess and monitor students’ progress and provide targets so that all learners can see success and improve constantly;
• Liaise with the Curriculum Leader and Curriculum Coordinators to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom;
• Assume responsibility for the pastoral care of a class of students, paying particular attention to personal development and child protection;
• Collaborate with other secondary teachers and Curriculum Coordinators to deliver an interdisciplinary curriculum and share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge;
• Communicate accurately and regularly with parents.
• Higher education in History with a preference for a master’s degree;
• Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience preferably in an IB school;
• Successful experience teaching IB History and working in an IB setting
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and others
• Ability to differentiate instruction for all learners
• Excellent knowledge of computer office standard applications, especially familiarity with Google and G suite and integrating technology into the classroom to increase learning;
• Good interpersonal skills and be able to work well as part of team.
• Good knowledge of English (Cambridge equivalent of C1);
CVs should include the following information:
– Full name;
– Date of birth;
– All detailed information about higher education;
– All detailed information about official work experience;
– Names and contact details of 2 professional referees.
CVs will be shortlisted based on a candidate’s work experience and meeting the requirements. Successful candidates will be tested for their subject knowledge and competency:
– Subject, English language tests;
– A pedagogical essay;
– Demonstration lesson;
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: [email protected]
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please mention the title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
There is a rolling deadline for submissions but the sooner the better and we reserve the right to close any interview process for any specialism once a suitable candidate is found.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by April 20th, 2020.