Category: International Stream: Secondary Vacancies
Role: Secondary School Science Teacher (Chemistry)
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
About the position:
If you have a passion for science, excellent subject knowledge and a drive for inspiring young minds, we are looking for you. We are currently recruiting for a new Chemistry Teacher to join our outstanding pedagogical team next 2019-20 academic year. For this position we are seeking dynamic, energetic and entrepreneurial educators who have a desire to work collaboratively with their local and foreign colleagues in an international environment, open for continuous learning and improvement in this field and promotes understanding and communication in a diverse learning and cultural environment.
• bachelor’s degree in Science Education (Chemistry);
• current certification in Science Education
• at least 2 years’ experience in the required field;
• the ability to work with children of 12-18 age groups, and strong ability to work in team
• excellent English speaking and writing skills
• excellent skills classroom management, discipline and the ability to form friendly but appropriately formal relationships with students;
• a clear understanding of lesson planning and differentiation;
Also desirable would be:
• ability to devise unique curricula for each grade level that they teach;
• create daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on national, local and school standards in science education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviours.
• evaluate student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
• provides individual or small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils and to accommodate circumstances where a variety of projects/experiments are being worked on concurrently.
• establishes and maintains standards of pupil behaviour needed to provide an orderly, and productive environment during class sessions, laboratory sessions, and field trips.
Benefits of MTK International School
MTK International School offer a superb, modern, well-resourced learning environment for students and staffs. The school have a highly positive ethos and a supportive, enthusiastic staff team. Our international school on a journey to outstanding, this school boasts a strong track record of innovation, engaged students, a supportive and driven leadership team and excellent benefits to its staff.
Additional information about the Complex: http://www.mtk.edu.az/en/
Contact with us:
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
• a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position and availability (250-300 words) (in Word or PDF format),
• a current resume (CV) with a photo (in Word or PDF format),
Send materials via e-mail to [email protected] specifying the job title in the subject line.