European Azerbaijan School – Visual Arts Teacher (Primary School)
Job Title: Visual Arts Teacher – primary school
Reports To: Primary Principal
The European Azerbaijan School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, dedicated Primary Years Grade1-4 Visual Art Teacher, who is committed to developing students to their full potential in a supportive, caring environment by integrating Art into the PYP units of inquiry. Applicants must have a teaching degree that is recognized by the Azerbaijani Ministry of Education with at least 2 years teaching experience. Fluent English (B2, C1 levels) speaking and writing skills are a must, as all core subjects are taught in English.
General Description of Position:
Visual Arts Teacher must demonstrate knowledge and experience in a wide variety of art materials and techniques, as well as demonstrate the ability to teach young learners through developmentally appropriate art making. Visual Arts Teacher is responsible for sequential lesson planning based on the EAS PYP Curriculum, classroom preparation for art activities, teaching and holding students to established standards.
– Prepare and teach sequential skill-building lesson plans based on EAS PYP Curriculum;
– Define objectives for all lessons and clearly communicate objectives to students;
– Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the students’ varying needs, interests, and developmental levels;
– Prepare art materials and classrooms for Art making activities;
– Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible;
– Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to students, and demonstrate proper handling of art materials, tools, and equipment, including cleanup;
– Assist with coordinating and facilitating student trips to Museums;
– Help students observe, discuss, and write about their art;
– Promote positive character development in all students;
– Organize and promote interest in the Visual Arts at the school site level;
– Help plan and set-up all aspects of art shows (as applicable);
– Contribute content for website for the Arts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
– High school diploma/certificates;
– Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
– Passion for EAS mission;
– Interest in the field of education and students’ development;
– Certifications and credentials related to the Visual Arts are highly preferred;
– Strong organizational and management skills;
– Effective communication skills for both the parent and staff community;
– Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the Visual Arts;
– Must have prior experience successfully teaching and instructing young learners;
– Must have knowledge in a variety of art techniques, equipment, terminology, and vocabulary;
– Must be responsible, reliable and punctual;
– Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
– Must provide a current portfolio highlighting artistic skills and teaching experience.
– Works well with others from diverse backgrounds;
– Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
– Is friendly, personable and diplomatic in dealing with all members of the school community;
– Ability to work rapidly and accurately;
– Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions;
– Is on time, punctual to meetings, knows how to manage a schedule, is organized.
– Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in Azerbaijani and English;
– Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community;
– Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, etc.);
– Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: [email protected]
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by December 31th, 2020.
ABOUT EUROPEAN AZERBAIJAN SCHOOL
The “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC is a private school authorized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The school is offering international programmes for which it is fully authorized. These include the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) authorized in 2017, Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) implemented in 2015 and the IB Diploma Program (DP) authorized in 2015. We are currently working to be authorized in 2020 with the Middle Years Program (MYP) to become an IB World School. The school is also a member of the Council of International School (CIS) network